Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] bindings
From: Rutger ter Borg (rutger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-27 15:59:57

Heiko Bauke wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I would like to solve banded linear systems using ublas, Lapack and
> numeric bindings. However, I am not sure which bindings facility I
> should use. What is the difference between numeric_bindings [1],
> numeric_bindings-v1 [2] in Boost sandbox and Andreas Klöckner's Numeric
> Bindings [3]? Is any of these libraries considered as obsolete?
>
> Thanks for any advice.

Dear Heiko,

[1] is the current "trunk" of the numeric bindings, which marks a change
from hand-written BLAS and LAPACK bindings to ones that have been translated
from the original Fortran code to C++ by a Python script, whereas
[2] are the handwritten bindings, and
[3] are (IIRC) are packages of [2].

Hope that helps,
Kind regards,