Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] [patch] Move Semantics for uBlas
From: Jesse Perla (jesseperla_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-15 08:49:23

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 10:59 PM, Nasos Iliopoulos <nasos_i_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> Dear all,
> An immediate effect of this patch is the elimination of the need for
> noalias in types vector<T> and matrix<T>, when assigned to the same type.
> Although this patch implements move semantics for bounded_ and c_ (vector
> and matrix) types, they don't have any effect at those types, due to their
> underlying storage. I included it for possible future exploitation.

Nasos:
This is great, I look forward to playing with it.

What is involved for doing this for bounded_ ? I use them all over the
place. Is it tough to do this with C++03 but easier with rvalue
references? If so, I don't mind requiring the necessary C++0X features (my
target compilers already support it).

Thanks,
Jesse