Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] [bindings] Some thoughts
From: Jesse Perla (jesseperla_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-18 18:40:12

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 1:56 PM, Peter Gottschling <pgottsch_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> Dear Jesse and Rutger,
>
> I am glad to hear about your serious interest of providing bindings for
> MTL4. If I can help you with this please let me know. Karl (Meerbergen)
> and I decided a long time ago to unify the interfaces of MTL4 and GLAS for
> the sake of seamless interoperability. Unfortunately, we never found the
> time to realize this plan.
>
> Regarding Rutger's concern about the stability, it is true that I
> occasionally change some internals for better performance or a cuter
> interface but that did not affect basics like memory layout. If there were
> some significant changes we can still adapt the traits. This said, it is
> probably best storing them in a MTL4 subdirectory, so we can provide a
> consistent versioning.

Thanks guys,
I am more interested in exploring MTL as a potential next matrix
librarychoice, and without the bindings it would be very difficult for me to
make the move. I think that my immediate needs would be fairly simple.
Dense matrices with symmetric and triangular traits. However, don't
consider my interests a high priority.