Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] Is it possible to construct alternative "views" of vectors and matrices?
From: Leon Gu (leongu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-19 15:39:56

You can use array_type together with shallow_array_adaptor. Check this
example,
        ublas::matrix<float> mtx(10, 10, 0.);
        ublas::shallow_array_adaptor<float> adpt(mtx.data().size(),
mtx.data().begin());
        ublas::vector<float, ublas::shallow_array_adaptor<float> >
refvec(mtx.data().size(), adpt); \

refvec is an ublas vector, so you can use it to do whatever you want,
but always use "noalias(refvec) = prod(A,b)" or
"refvec.assign(prod(A,b))" because of temporary memory issue. Check this
post http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/ublas/2007/06/2162.php for more
details.

Leon