Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] [feature request] new free functions for matrix/vector sizes
From: Gunter Winkler (guwi17_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-29 18:15:55

Hello Marco,

I am still reviewing your code. It is very clear and well documented.
Below I give some comments - more will follow soon.

Am Sunday 20 September 2009 schrieb Marco Guazzone:
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 9:52 AM, Marco Guazzone
>
> [new free functions]

in begin.hpp:

Why do you use a static cast

return detail::begin_impl<typename
ExprT::type_category>::apply(static_cast<ExprT const&>(e));

instead of the operator()?

return detail::begin_impl<typename ExprT::type_category>::apply(e());

> Since I'm very a beginner in template meta-programming, I would very
> appreciate any hint/suggestion/comment for improving the code and my
> knowledge about C++ ;)

BTW: The code looks very sophisticated - I wouldn't call you a
beginner ...

I have not committed the new files because I'd like to do some more
tests.

mfg
Gunter