Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] How to solve systems of linear equations?
From: Rui Maciel (rui.maciel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-10 14:40:05

Tim Odenthal wrote:

<snip/>
> I agree, documentation doesn't seem to be the strong side of ublas, so
> maybe you find the following pages interesting - if you haven't found
> them already:
>
> http://www.guwi17.de/ublas/matrix_sparse_usage.html
> http://www.guwi17.de/ublas/examples/
>
> All the best
> Tim

Those links were very useful. In fact, it was thanks to those examples that I
managed to get my first test equation solver up and running. It's a shame that
that sort of info isn't present in boost::ublas's manual.

Yet, they weren't enough for me to get everything working smoothly. For
example, if a solve() routine is called on a singular system then boost::ublas
throws a weird exception that doesn't appear to be documented anywhere, which
causes my test application to promptly shut down without any warning. And
that isn't fun. At all.

Thanks for the help,
Rui Maciel