Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] faster inplace_solve implementation (triangular.hpp)
From: Gunter Winkler (guwi17_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-17 16:48:51

Jörn Ungermann schrieb:
> Hello all!
>
> Abstract:
> One of my use-cases is the solving of equations-systems defined by
> sparse triangular matrices.
> I found the performance of the inplace_solve routines in triangular.hpp
> lacking for compressed_matrix<row_major> matrices. Upon inspection I
> found that row_major matrices are currently parsed column-wise.
Impressive performance. Did you already have a look at the
(experimental) implementations in cholesky.hpp from my examples page:
http://guwi17.de/ublas/examples/

Regarding the test cases: There are some testcases in
libs/numeric/ublas/test/ . If you plan to contribute a testcase then
please have a look at the recently introduced
test_coordinate_matrix_sort
<http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/libs/numeric/ublas/test/test_coordinate_matrix_sort.cpp>
. We should try to us a common framework for doing the tests and until
now the macros provided in libs/numeric/ublas/test/utils.hpp give simple
and very readable test cases. (Similar example is the begin_end test)

The comp_mat_erase
<http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/libs/numeric/ublas/test/comp_mat_erase.cpp>
testcase uses boost::test. However here one either has to link against
the boost library or to include the "big" header which increases
compilation time significantly.

mfg
Gunter

__________ Hinweis von ESET NOD32 Antivirus, Signaturdatenbank-Version 4953 (20100317) __________

E-Mail wurde geprüft mit ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com