Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] Assignement operation proposal.
From: Gunter Winkler (guwi17_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-28 19:04:23

Hello Nasos,

Nasos Iliopoulos schrieb:

> Dear all,
>
> [vector/matrix assignement proposal]

the description of the updated patch look very promising, see

<https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4034#comment:1>

. However I miss a method which jumps to the first column of the next
row (or first row of next column). Further it should be explained which
orientation is used to fill the matrix because most (C++-)people expect
to give values row by row, but it could also be col-by-col or native
(using the orientation of the matrix).
To reduce number of surprises one could define "always row-by-row" and
provice trans(m) << 1,2,3... for col-by-col assignement. (Some
"automatic" choice seems to be dangerous to me.)

mfg
Gunter

__________ Hinweis von ESET NOD32 Antivirus, Signaturdatenbank-Version 4980 (20100328) __________

E-Mail wurde geprüft mit ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com