Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] bindings for ScaLAPACK
From: Rutger ter Borg (rutger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-11 08:51:36

Milosz Kukla wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to ask is there any binding like
> boost-numeric-bindings/lapack for ScaLAPACK? Does anybody has made any
> attemps to use ScaLAPACK especially PxGESVD ? As far as I saw functions
> signatures are same as in lapack so perhaps it would be enough to change
> name of functions called from lapack?
>
> Thank you for answer and best wishes,
> Milosz Kukla

Hello Milosz,

in theory the LAPACK bindings generator could also be tweaked so that
scalapack stuff is auto-generated. It could even use the same lapack
interface if the traits would be made aware of distributed/parallel
containers.

Which begs the question: what kind of containers are you considering? Would
be awesome to have a nice set of C++ containers for use with PBLAS/ScalaPACK
(preferably ones that also work with GPU-memory models :-)).

Cheers,

Rutger