Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] poll: what's your uBLAS I/O usage ?
From: Umut Tabak (u.tabak_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-28 09:56:36

David Bellot wrote:
> Questions:
>
> - what is your normal use of uBLAS IO function ?
I almost never use them except to test 3X3 matrices or so, and I do
these tests rarely
> - would you prefer more flexibility with boost::serialization ?
yep,
> - would you like to be able to load/save from/to other formats
> (matlab, etc...) ?
oh, that would be perfect, because I guess the most powerful prototyping
tool is MATLAB or alike now, to check simple ideas and so.
> - would you like to have more pretty printings ?
> - would you like to have dense
> optimized-to-the-extreme-very-compressed binary format ?
All binary format options are welcome from my side...
> - more suggestions ?
Petsc Interface for binary output of matrices, just a suggestion which I
need now ;-) but could be a useful addition. Not that difficult I
suppose but a pretty specific wish...

Best wishes,
Umut