Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] LAPACK/BLAS bindings
From: Peter Man (plwm2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-07 04:43:37

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. So I managed to get the ublas_getri.cc
working, with the following information:
1) I'm using cygwin g++ version 4.3.4
2) I built atlas myself - all the library files appear to be correctly
generated.
3) I'm using cygwin version 1.7.x
4) Compilation commands used:
" g++ -Wall -O2 --pedantic -o test ublas_getri.cpp -I
/cygdrive/c/Program\ Files/boost/boost_1_42/ -I
/cygdrive/c/cygwin/usr/local/atlas/include/ -L
/cygdrive/c/cygwin/usr/local/atlas/lib/ -llapack -lf77blas -lcblas
-latlas -lgfortran -lm

If I then define BOOST_NUMERIC_BINDINGS_BLAS_CBLAS, still no problem,
and all is well.
However, if I then define BOOST_NUMERIC_BINDINGS_LAPACK_CLAPACK, then I
reproduce my runtime error.

I'm a bit of a moron with this sort of stuff, so I apologise if i'm
doing something really stupid.

And another problem...if I revert the file back to its original state
(without defining the two macros above), and I remove the
include statements for any lapack routines, but in their place i include
<boost/numeric/bindings/lapack.hpp>,
I get a massive number of errors, the first few lines being:

/cygdrive/c/Program
Files/boost/boost_1_42/boost/numeric/bindings/lapack/computational/ggqrf.hpp:169:32:
warning: '$' in identifie
r or number
In file included from /cygdrive/c/Program
Files/boost/boost_1_42/boost/numeric/bindings/lapack/computational.hpp:22,
from /cygdrive/c/Program
Files/boost/boost_1_42/boost/numeric/bindings/lapack.hpp:12,
from ublas_potri.cpp:24:
/cygdrive/c/Program
Files/boost/boost_1_42/boost/numeric/bindings/lapack/computational/ggqrf.hpp:234:
error: ‘$TYPES’ has not been d
eclared
/cygdrive/c/Program
Files/boost/boost_1_42/boost/numeric/bindings/lapack/computational/ggqrf.hpp:235:
error: ‘$ARGUMENTS’ was not de
clared in this scope

I would be extremely grateful for a swift response!!

Peter