Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: [ublas] symmetric_adaptor sparse matrix issue
From: Robert Patro (rob.patro_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-02 11:57:00

Hello,

  I'm attempting to use the symmetric adaptor with a compressed_matrix, and I'm running into an issue when trying to iterate over the non-zero entries. The attached code demonstrates the problem. Basically, I fill the top half of a compressed_matrix and then create a symmetric adaptor. When I use the ublas::io routines, the symmetric_adaptor matrix prints out all of the non-zero entries properly. However, when I attempt to use iterators to iterate over all of the non-zero entries of the matrix, the iterators for the symmetric matrix only yield the upper-half of the underlying matrix. This isn't the intended behavior; right? Please see the attached code for a simple example.

Thanks,
Rob