Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] todo list
From: Tim Odenthal (Tim.Odenthal_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-25 12:27:22

On 07/24/2010 06:00 PM, ublas-request_at_[hidden] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've compiled a draft TODO list based on all emails and threads from the
> mailing list. It is located athttp://ublas.sourceforge.net
> Please comment
>
> Cheers,
> David

Hi,

I am a quite happy ublas user already, and it seems as if things are
further improving. Especially, I'm looking forward to the 1.44 release
with improved documentation - or to be more precise, the documentation
is already usable & great compared to the old one!

- As I understand, ublas is mainly aiming to provide well-thought-out
containers - the algorithms are supposed to be the user's or
boost-bindigs' job.
Still, I think providing basic algorithms' implementations as examples
for the users is a very good idea.
In that regard, it would also be nice to have examples on how to use the
bindings with ublas!

- Wouldn't a fixed-size vector class be more or less a specialization of
c_matrix<T,1,M> or c_matrix<T,N,1>, respectively? Doesn't that also
solve the resize issue (it's possible to resize to a smaller size, but
resizing to a larger size throws)?
I mean, couldn't a c_vector simply inherit
template <T,N> class c_vector : public c_matrix<T,N,1>
{
};
Or maybe we'd need a c_rowvector and c_columnvector...

Thanks a lot for the general enthusiasm and thought which is going into
this nice library!
All the best
Tim