Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] [bindings][lapack] Error handling
From: Karl Meerbergen (Karl.Meerbergen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-27 06:14:56

Hello Rutger,

I prefer a return value, but a system error or a lapack error can be
nice too.

There are usually two cases in lapack errors: negative values of info
which usually indicate serious errors and are most often due to bugs.
Those could give rise to throwing an exception. Positive values must not
give rise to an exception, I think, as they may or may not be
exceptional behaviour. So, a clean solution would make distinction
between those cases, I believe.

Best,

Karl