Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] todo list
From: Curtis Gehman (csgehman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-30 01:33:51

It's been a while since I tinkered with uBLAS. But as I recall, I was
disappointed with the iterator support (or perhaps just the
documentation). Enhancing the iterator support/documentation would
enable easier integration with STL and maybe even MultiArray.

Off the top of my head ... for any dense matrix type, I'd like to have
two types of iterators: one type that iterates through a specified
column or row, and another that goes through the entire matrix either
column-wise or row-wise (though I guess one of these would be
relatively slow). The semantics for special matrices (e.g.,
triangular) is debatable, I suppose.

Another aspect, in which I feel that Matlab excels, is logical and
array indexing. I know uBLAS already supports, at least, array
indexing with indirect_array, though I never got around to using it.
But I guess I'm just voting for making these modes of access user-
friendly. In Matlab, I love being able to write statements like A(A <
0) = 0. Seems like something similar should (eventually) be possible
with uBLAS. Maybe uBLAS already supports this and I just didn't take
the time to figure it out, in which case, I apologize.

That's my two cents.

Thanks for all your work on uBLAS, Dr. Bellot.

Curtis Gehman
Burlingame, CA