Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Vardan Akopian (vakopian_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-17 05:54:00

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 3:48 PM, OvermindDL1 <overminddl1_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 4:10 PM, David Bellot <david.bellot_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > when I created the project frenchmozilla, many years ago, I used to have
> 3
> > mailing-list: one for questions from the general public
> > (ublas_at_[hidden] for example), one for patches only (because we
> had
> > several patches/day at our busiest time) and one for developers.
> >
> > Do you think it would be a good idea to do the same. Well, in our case we
> > only need one more list, because we don't have millions of patches and
> > because they can easily be posted on the Trac.
> > However, that would be helpful to separate development discussions from
> > general questions so that not to confuse people (me the first).
> >
> > If I get enough vote for that, then I will open one on Sourceforge.
>
> As a uBlas list camper, I do not see the point, the list is not active
> enough in my opinion to warrant splitting it up.

I don't see the benefit of splitting the list either. uBlas is complicated
enough, that even the library users, almost by definition, are advanced
enough to understand and benefit from development discussions as well. Also,
many times, help messages morph into development discussions, and the line
is blurred. What would really be nice, is to have a good search capability
of the existing archives: unless I'm missing something, the official
archives page has no search at all, and the other aggregators don't seam
complete. Can sourceforge help in this regard? e.g. can all the historical
archives be imported into sourceforge? Or is google still our only friend?