Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] [Boost-users] Matrix initialization in uBLAS
From: Umut Tabak (u.tabak_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-30 03:40:10

On 03/30/2011 03:50 AM, Oscar Vargas wrote:
> Thank you very much for your fine answer. As a matter of fact, I had
> studied the reference you gave me, and that was pretty clear for me.
> Maybe my question wasn't formulated correctly. Maybe, the question was
>
> "Is there a more practical way to ..."

reply to ublas list as well, not to individuals, so that your chances of
getting a better answer increases :)

Questions to start with,

are matrices dense, sparse, banded or ? Depending on this selection,
there are ways to insert elements. There are even a lot previous
discussions on how to insert elements into sparse matrices in a fast way
for instance.

The below code just does some convenient initialization tricks he
devised I guess, I did not look into the detail though.
> For example, I found this code (at
> http://www.guwi17.de/ublas/examples/ex_ro_adapt.cpp)
>
> #include <iostream>
Still not clear to me what you are asking, but more knowledgeable
posters will show up I suppose.

--
If I have a thousand ideas and only one turns out to be good,
I am satisfied.