Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: [ublas] Boundary condition application on matrices
From: Umut Tabak (u.tabak_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-29 06:40:27

Dear all,

What would be the most efficient way to apply boundary conditions on the
FE assembled system matrices?
A couple of days ago, I asked on a post to do that with matrix_indirect,
using matrix_indirect seems to be fast to extract the free dofs from the
full system matrices however assigning them to a compressed_matrix for
further matrix-vector products seems to be very slow, are there any
workarounds for my problem. What I try to do now, I try get the triplets
of the compressed_matrix and apply the conditions by using this triplet
information and write the unconstrained matrix entries into the matrix
that I would like to return from the function.

Any other suggestions are very welcome.
Greetings,
Umut