Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] Boundary condition application on matrices
From: Umut Tabak (u.tabak_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-29 08:01:21

On 04/29/2011 01:54 PM, Karl Rupp wrote:
> Hi Umut,
>
> the best approach typically is to not write boundary conditions to the
> matrix at all. A little bit of extra logic during the assembly process
> can write the values directly to the right hand side vector.
Karli,

I guess you mean "do not write the boundary conditioned dofs" to
locations, I could not understand why you mentioned right hand side
vector... I am not solving a static problem that I should also condition
the right hand side, if this is what you thought of :)
> This is typically much faster than manipulating the matrix in a
> post-assembly step.
>
> Sorry if that's not the let-ublas-do-the-job-answer you may have been
> looking for. ;-)
>
> Best regards,
> Karli
Actually, I was wondering how to do that with the built-in facilities
like in a MATLAB sense, however I searched in the documentation and
mailing list for two days and could not come up with a sensible solution
by the built-in functions, so your approach seems to be the best way.

Best regards,
Umut