Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] Fwd: Serialization support
From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-03 13:25:06

Ramaseshan Kannan wrote:
> New user here.
>
> Firstly thanks for all the good work with ublas.
> I am evaluating it at the moment and it's looking good,
> especially the support for other libraries through bindings.

> My questions:
> 1. Are the bindings in the sandbox ever going to go mainstream?

Yes, of course. The next major part on the TODO list is writing the documentation. But I would need some spare time again first...

> 2. Dependence on the boost serialization library:
> At the moment there seems to be a dependence on the serialization library,
> which means ublas is not header only. I've had to comment out the relevant
> calls and references to serialization in order to be able to use it.
> Is it worth having a preprocessor definition to turn off serialization support for those who don't want it?

It is not really dependent on the serialization library. The problem you are observing are caused by the autolink feature for MSVC. Just turn it off by defining

BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB

and everything should be fine.

> Is there a library wishlist and TO-DO items visible on the web?

There must be TO-DO items somewhere, but that doesn't help much if they don't get done.

Regards,
Thomas