Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] numerical bindings trans
From: Kraus Philipp (philipp.kraus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-14 15:25:01

Am 14.08.2011 um 20:43 schrieb Rutger ter Borg:

> On 08/13/2011 07:13 PM, Kraus Philipp wrote:
>> I have seen the numericial bindings have got a "own" trans method. In which way is this different of the "normal" ublas trans method?
>

> ublas trans: makes the argument read-only
>
> bindings trans: is a "view" operator that preserves the argument's constness, passes the right char-parameter to the bindings algorithms

Hello,

thanks for your answer. I hope I understand you correct, the bindings::trans is a "view" to a matrix, so I can read the matrix with swapped columns & rows, without really change the element structure?
ublas::trans creates a new matrix object, but bindings::trans does not, it do the trans operation only on-fly?

I need a operations to read a matrix object in a transponend way, at this time I use ublas::trans. The ublas::trans creates a copy of my matrix but it is not nice, because my matrix is very large. Can I do reading with the bindings::trans without create a fully copy?

Thanks

Phil