Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: [ublas] sparse matrix dense matrix multiplication dilemma
From: Umut Tabak (u.tabak_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-24 16:49:27

Dear all,

What is the most efficient way to do sparse matrix-dense matrix
computations in ublas if any? Say sparse matrix is in csr format.

In my tests with axpy_prod and prod, I got very bad results and almost
no results after a long time. I wondered if these multiplications are
optimized or not? Or are there some tricks, apparently gmm++ outperforms
ublas on these kinds of multiplications and many alike operations.

I started thinking to completely port all my sparse matrices to gmm++,
however, I do not want to miss any information that I could possibly
oversee.

Your help and input is very much appreciated.

Best regards,
Umut