Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: [ublas] numeric bindings nrm2 differences
From: Kraus Philipp (philipp.kraus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-29 06:33:08

Hello I'm using the numeric bindings to call ATLAS / LAPack functions.
If I use the boost::numeric::bindings::blas::nrm2 method, I get a numeric difference.

I'm running the nrm2 command with a double datatyp I get the values:
1,89705246692049
1,34040265444338
1,51170579623667
1,83956751945403

If I run the same data values on Matlab (Matlab uses also Boost & ATLAS / LAPack) I get:
2,04932000000000
1,45494000000000
1,61857000000000
2,02891000000000

Does the nrm2 call delegate to the ATLAS nrm2 (cblas) ? So the numeric binding is a wrapper structure only for the ATLAS calls?
I try to find out which part creates this numeric difference, because the difference creates a big problem within my algorithm
I have tested the code under OSX and Linux x64 and on both systems the problem is still be found.

Thanks a lot