Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] [BLAS bindings] help appreciated on using trmv and gbmv
From: Oswin Krause (Oswin.Krause_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-07 14:57:54

Hi,

is this the real code used? because in the matrix initialisation loop
you have
> M(i, j) = = std::rand();
which looks wrong to me :).

> OK, the previous code works: I get R1==R2. But not if I change the
> storage to row_major. I can understand it, since BLAS requires
> column_major storage, so the bindings API should prevent from using
> row_storage by producing a compilation error, which it doesn't.
You are using the new bindings, or? In this case, this is actually
checked, by lines like that:
"BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT( (is_same<Order, tag::column_major>::value) );"
so maybe there is an error in the traits, and you should not even get
the computation of R1 running right now.
Aside from that: i don't think that the assert is needed, because a
row_major matrix can always be interpreted as a transposed column major
matrix. at least for my own implementations of the bindings (there was a
bit of overlap with the implementation of this one) this trick worked
like a charm.

I don't see any obvious errors here, maybe someone else can shd some
light on it?