Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] [BLAS bindings] help appreciated on using trmv and gbmv
From: Rutger ter Borg (rutger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-08 02:54:13

On 2012-10-07 22:50, Florent Teichteil wrote:
> For those trying to compile my tests, I forgot to remove line 12 in
> file test.cc. I'm reattaching it.

Hello Florent,

my first remark is that blas (and lapack) routines are data_storage
dependent. In other words, the routines assume things on how to iterate
over the data. So, if a routine works with a dense storage layout, like
trmv, it will not work with a packed storage layout.

That said, I think there are blas-routines for some blas-unsupported
packed storage structures available somewhere in lapack, but we don't
have bindings for those yet. If you want efficient computations, go with
non-packed storage.

I will check, but I think the above will hold true for most of your
"DOES NOT COMPILE" statements. It shouldn't compile.

Cheers,

Rutger