Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] <Numeric Library Bindings for Boost> unresolved external symbol _dgeev referenced
From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-09 10:49:20

Witold E Wolski wrote:
> I am trying to reproduce what
> you are writing.
>
> What do you mean by BOOST_ROOT, I am working on ubuntu and my boost is in usr/include and usr/lib
> so Boost root is usr?

No, BOOST_ROOT is required for Boost.Build, and Boost.Build is quite dependent on the original boost directory structure. So you would need to download a current boost version, and put it somewhere locally (if you want to run the tests). Then BOOST_ROOT can be set to the root directory of that tree.

> And what is b2?

That's the new name of "bjam". There is a bootstrap.sh (and bootstrap.bat) in the root directory of the boost tree, which will build "b2".

> I really would appreciate help getting the boost bindings working fast.

You don't need the Boost.Build system for that. Just link to the blas/lapack library that you want to use (for example via g++ ... -lblas -llapack -LPATH_TO_LIBS). I just described why there is a Jamroot file.

Regards,
Thomas