Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] Ublas Application
From: Nasos Iliopoulos (nasos_i_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-27 21:17:50

Hi Tonu,
there have been a few applications by students and it seems that the
tasks are filling up quickly.

One item that hasn't been yet realized fully in uBlas is move semantics
and rvalue copy control (i.e. move constructors). I had made an
implementation in the past, but it is restricted to very basic types and
it is based on C++03 . Because move semantics (with rvalue references)
is a C++11 feature, boost includes a library that can achieve the same
thing but works with both old and new compilers:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_53_0/doc/html/move.html

Anyway this is a very nice feature for uBlas to have and I suggest you
take a look at those:

http://cpp-next.com/archive/2009/08/want-speed-pass-by-value/
http://www.aristeia.com/TalkNotes/ACCU2011_MoveSemantics.pdf

Suggested gsoc resources:
http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/ublas/2013/04/5431.php
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2013
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoCSubmissionTemplate
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoCHints

If you feel this is a project that fits you, I suggest go ahead with the
proposal and pay special attention to the text. I can review the
proposal prior to submission, or even better you can send it in the list
for comments by others as well.

Sometimes freenode #ublas has some people.

Best regards,
Nasos