Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] Using numeric bindings with umfpack
From: Thomas Klimpel (thomas.klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-29 17:47:24

> Can someone help me please with this example.

I will try.

> error: no matching function for call to 'symbolic(sparsematrix_t&,

This is strange. I cannot find "sparsematrix_t" anywhere, neither in the source code of the examples, nor in the source code of the bindings.

> it seems there is no function symbolic,numeric and solve

those functions can be found in bindings/umfpack/umfpack,hpp also in the umfpack namespace. Maybe some lookup rules prevent the compiler to consider them.

Do you have any idea why the compiler talks about "sparsematrix_t"? Can you tell me the compiler you are using, including its version and maybe relevant compile flags (like -c++11 ...)? Maybe tell me also the version of boost, so that I can try to exactly reproduce this myself.

The compiler and the boost version on the computer I used for testing are quite old, but at least they were able to compile and execute the test successfully.

Regards,
Thomas