Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] Matrix multiplication performance
From: Oswin Krause (Oswin.Krause_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-01-24 04:18:12

Hi,

I would still vote for the route to rewrite uBLAS based on BLAS bindings
and providing a reasonable default implementation that also works well
without memory assumptions.The main reason is that only having a fast
gemm implementation does not really improve things, given that BLAS
level 3 is a quite large beast.

Im still willing to donate my partial uBLAS rewrite, unfortunately I am
a bit short on time to polish it(just finished my phd and have a huge
load of work on my desk). But if someone opened a git-branch for that i
could try to make the code ready (porting my implementation back to
boost namespaces etc).