Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] Matrix multiplication performance
From: Michael Lehn (michael.lehn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-01-27 10:52:18

> 5. ublas is one of the fastest libraries for small matrices. Because I think the most prevalent use of dense multiplication is on small matrices ( geometric transformations etc.) we need to make sure this stays that way.

Depends on the domain of usage. In my domain dense matrix multiplication is the key to both, fast dense linear algebra (LAPACK etc.) and
sparse direct or iterative solvers. But sure, we should have both.

I will finish a prototype of BLAS Level 3 the next days but that might require some help on uBLAS. In particular I want to write a BLAS F77 and
CBLAS interface so that one can build a BLAS library that can be linked against LAPACK. Because that’s the message: First BLAS was written
in Fortran, then in C and they provided a Fortran interface. Today one writes a BLAS implementation in C++ and provides a C and Fortran interface.