Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] Add squared norm convenience function
From: Ronald Wampler (rdwampler_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-03-09 16:37:17

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 8:06 AM, Nasos Iliopoulos <nasos_i_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I've been compiling with clang and never had this problem. Also the
> regression tests
> (http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/numeric-ublas.html)
> don't show any issues with clang. It might be a problem with XCode if you
> are using it.
>
> Can you locally try to modify the jam file to include this to bypass giving
> an error on warnings?
>
> -Wno-error=unused-command-line-argument-hard-error-in-future

Adding this still gives an error. I also tried using an older version of
Apple's clang (Apple LLVM version 7.0.0 (clang-700.0.72) with no luck. This is
older than the one used for the regression testing so it looks like Apple stop
supporting unused command line arguments for sometime now.

I was able to compile without any issues using the clang-darwin toolset as
shown in the regression tests. So it looks like the clang-darwin toolset
ignores this line:

<toolset>darwin:<cxxflags>"-fabi-version=0"

I believe the other toolset (darwin-5.3.0) listed in regression test is
actually configured to use g++-5.3.0 since the generic darwin toolset defaults
to /usr/bin/g++ which is just a shim to clang.

So it seems that the issue is that the generic darwin toolset defaults to
/usr/bin/g++ which is just a shim to clang.

BTW, removing that line and compiling with g++-5.3.0, the tests still
pass.

Ron