Subject: Re: [ublas] CI setup
From: Cem Bassoy (cem.bassoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-04-30 13:20:38
On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 10:05 AM, David Bellot via ublas <
> You mentioned some possible refactoring that would make integration
>> easier. Can you please outline what refactoring you
> âSuper open to refactoring of ublas.
> Curious to know what you have in mind.
Yes, thx. In general I would have like to compare the current boost
implementation with blaze and eigen.
I think there are several features or also neglect which we might add to
- Should we integrate smart expression templates? I think there was a gsoc
project but I am not sure. What was the output?
- Are (smart) expression templates really required?
- How often do expressions like A = B*C + D*D - ... occur in numerical
- Should we provide a fast gemm implementation of the Goto-Algorithm like
And regarding the code infrastructure:
- Do we need iterators within matrix and vector template classes? Or can we
generalize the concepts?
- Can we maybe simplify/replace the projection function with overloaded
- Shall we build uBLAS a high-performance library?
- Could it also be a convenient wrapper library with good interfaces to
high-performance libraries such as OpenBLAS?
> ublas mailing list
> Sent to: cem.bassoy_at_[hidden]