Boost logo

Ublas :

From: David Bellot (david.bellot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-05-31 00:07:17

By the way, can I open a flame war on this list? :-D

What's about getting ublas out of the namespace numeric. The sub-namespace
numeric has never been used as expected in the early days:
- in most of the code I saw so far, people are doing a using namespace
boost::numeric.
- you can't seriously type boost::numeric::ublas::fct(x,y) like you type
std::fct(x,y). I mean, std is 3 characters only.
- can we find a way to inject a new boost::ublas into boost::numeric to
keep backward compatibility

As ublas is going through massive changes and improvements (thanks Cem,
Stefan, Paul, Thomas, <put your name here>,...), it's about time to think
about these little details too which would give ublas a new face and
simplify users' life.

Cheers,
David