Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Cem Bassoy (cem.bassoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-06-08 12:12:53

Hi David,

David Bellot via ublas <ublas_at_[hidden]> schrieb am Sa., 8. Juni
2019, 08:25:

> Hi,
>
> I've got another funky question for the group:
> what does it mean to make a push_back in ublas?

I think push_back does only make sense for vectors. I would prefer a free
fuction such as 'cat' that can operate also on tensors.

> For a ublas::vector, it seems pretty obvious. For a matrix? Or a tensor?
> If I decide to represent all the vectors as matrices now, they become row
> and column vectors then.
>
> Should I expect the same effect on doing a push_back to a row vector and a
> column vector?
>
> In general, could we make ublas STL compatible in general (means
> vector/matrix/tensor are STL compatible)?
> Does my question even make sense?

Makes totally sense. I have already sth prepared. We can do it very generic.

> It's a open problem... I'm looking forward reading your comments.

Thanks David.