From: Dietmar Kuehl (dietmar.kuehl_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-07-14 12:09:47

Hi,
At 08:12 14.07.99 -0400, Dave Abrahams wrote:
>As far as I can tell, even one of Nathan's favorite current compilers (the
>latest egcs) has a problem with my operators.h. Some workaround will be
>required.

This is the only compiler which supports the "fix the compiler" workaround :-)
It is often not that hard at all (I did it once with operator overloading
for enums, back when the official release was gcc-2.7.2; however, the fix
never made it into a released version) and solves the problem at a much
bigger scope.

I'm still opposed to any requirement that the author should support non
standard compilers. If someone chooses to support non-standard compilers,
it might be useful to have a corresponding header file available.

Dietmar

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/boost