From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-02-29 07:45:09

Beman,

>Some of the lines in smart_ptr.hpp ends with ASCII 13 (CR) this
>triggers a compilation error with gcc-2.95.2 on Redhat 6.1 systems at
>least.
<

I had a lot of problems like this when I first started distributing
regex++, in the end I put together a short program (not very pretty) to:

strip all \r's
optionally strip tabs (and expand with spaces)
ensure that all files end in \n (some Unixes complain if this isn't the
case)

I call the program via the same shell script that I use to build the zip
and tar.gz distribution files (under Cygwin),
if you want a copy to try and avoid these kinds of problems let me know.

- John.