From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-05-02 05:54:43

Dave,

>I'm waiting to hear from others at this point. I think we've made all the
arguments: it's backward compatibility and some as-yet-unidentified
usefulness for generic programming vs. simplicity and predictability.
<

As I see it Alexies versions have a single killer feature: they prevent
object size bloat due to multiple inheritance, were it not for that, I
would say stick with the original versions - no question - they're simple
to implement and IMO easier to use that the inheritance based approach. As
for what the best approach given current compiler limitations is, I don't
know, sorry. Whatever, if you settle on a version I'll produce a Builder 5
hacked version.

- John.