From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-05-25 09:45:11

Nathan> The main point (other than obnoxious advertising) is that
Nathan> egroups is not particularly oriented to free software
Nathan> projects, where SourceForge emphatically is.

Matthew> I would like to emphasize another advantage that moving
Matthew> the boost project to SourceForge would allow, and that
Matthew> is the advantage of a CVS repository for managing the
Matthew> boost sources.

I'm in email contact with Quentin Cregan of SourceForge. It's too
soon to tell how they will handle issues I've raised with him, but he
seems responsive in a positive way.

Even if nothing comes of it now, I also stuck a note in my calendar
to revisit the issue in six months when both Boost and SourceForge
will have further evolved.

--Beman