From: Paul Moore (gustav_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-07-02 07:30:34

From: Mark Rodgers [mailto:mark.rodgers_at_[hidden]]
> But does one size fit all? Maybe different maintainers would have
> different policies on how they want to manage changes. Some might not
> want to have to bother with the merging.

I'd understood "a maintainer" in (1) as referring to a maintainer of Boost
as a whole (currently Beman, later possibly a small group of people).

As the contributor (& hence maintainer) of the rational library, I would not
be willing or able to manage it via CVS. So I'd rather have that job
delegated to a central authority. I know this fits with your suggestion of
"or someone invited by the maintainer to do a merge," but I see a need for
someone (or a group) who takes overall responsibility, and who acts as
authority alongside (or in place of, where the maintainer cannot perform
that function) individual maintainers.

Paul.