From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-07-05 17:16:22

Beman Dawes wrote:

>We are trying to set up a SourceForge/CVS repository for boost source
code.

OK the CVS repository has been set up and release 1.16.0 (not 1.16.1) has
been installed. A documentation omission was the root cause of the
problems getting write access.

See http://sourceforge.net/project/?group_id=7586

I will try tomorrow to commit the 1.16.1 changes.

Except for library maintainers wishing to get write access to the CVS
repository, I don't currently see any reason for boost members to sign up
as SourceForge members. AFAIK you can browse the boost CVS repository
without being a SourceForge member.

For those library maintainers who do think they are going to want CVS write
access, now might be a good time to sign up as a SourceForge member and
send me your member name. Be aware that the SourceForge web site has
security certificate problems which cause a lot of page load failures with
Microsoft browsers; either use a late-model Netscape browser or don't use
the SSL login.

--Beman