From: Bill Wade (bill.wade_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-08-22 12:55:40

Do you know of any conforming compilers? I haven't found any where 'export'
works.

The last time I tried
   char* p = new char[size_t(-1L)];
on a 32-bit linux platform it returned a non-null pointer, but the pointer
did not point at 2^32-1 usable characters.

I think the state of the art for determining C++ conformance is to get a
statement by a trusted source about how well feature X works on compiler Y.
In many cases "a trusted source" may have to be a test program that you
write yourself.