From: jsiek_at_[hidden]
Date: 2000-08-22 13:06:14

Note that I did not complain about their non-conformance per se, but
about their "refusal to conform". I have no problem with compilers
that are non-conformant (all of them) but that are working towards
conformance (EDG, Metrowerks, g++, etc.).

Bill Wade writes:
> [...]

Very true... lots of us do this. What we really need is a common data
base of code snippets that we can all contribute to. A number of C++
libraries have collections of these code snippets that get run during
configure (STLport, Blitz, MTL, GGCL, etc.), though there is no
process in place for sharing this important resource.

Cheers,

Jeremy