From: Gary Powell (Gary.Powell_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-09-06 10:08:10

> The result is completely deducable by the compiler, at least
> in theory. Its just the return type of operator+(Arg1, Arg2).
> (Am I wrong here? -- i.e. can you have two different operator+?).
>
> However, I don't see how to implement this. :-(

Take a look at either of the Lambda libraries in boost, or the Blitz++ code.
They all do a lookup of known types and do the conversion. (It isn't
pretty.) If you have KAI, or another good optimizing compiler, you can skip
the whole functional library, and use one of the lambda libraries.

 Just another shameless plug for lambda.

 -Gary-

gary.powell_at_[hidden]