From: Schaible, Joerg (Joerg.Schaible_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-02 04:21:29

Hi Karl,

> Why do we want to "boost" a project which uses a competing container
> and algorithm library? Doxygen is written in Qt and does not use
> STL. Qt is a commercial project and requires a license to compile
> against for the Window architecture.
>
> Shouldn't the documentation generator for boost be something which
> uses C++ the way boost intends? If you are going to chose a doc
> generator at least chose one which matches the type of C++ code we
> wish to empower. What is the point of promoting a standard for
> high quality C++ libraries when the documentation generator we
> require doesn't even use those standards?

Since the boost group is concentrated in developing standard libraries and
not in writing a documentation tool. DoxyGen is one of the most complete
tools that is *free* available (including source) and running on multiple
plattforms. If you can point me the direction to a documentation tool that
fulfills your standards, but my requisted functionality, well, go on.
Dimitrie (DoxyGen author) has always tries to improve the C++ engine and I
am sure, he will be able to document boost correctly at some time. OTOH, the
source is available ...

Greetings,
Jörg