From: mishkin_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-02-01 20:09:28

I'm new to this group and have scanned the archives and the net in
general for more info but haven't come up with anything, so...

I'm wondering whether anyone has made any additional progress with
the new Sun compiler. I'm considering using ggcl but I need it to
work on Solaris, preferably with the Sun compiler. I took a witless
slash-and-burn approach trying to get the the "graph.cpp" example to
build, -D'ing:

- BOOST_NO_STD_ITERATOR_TRAITS
- BOOST_NO_TEMPLATE_PARTIAL_SPECIALIZATION
- BOOST_NO_HASH
- BOOST_NO_SLIST

I came up with this list by more or less by looking at compilation
errors and adding -D's that looked promising. (Like I said, witless.)

The compiler I'm running is:

    CC: Sun WorkShop 6 update 1 C++ 5.2 2000/09/11

If people want to offer opinions about the relative virtues of g++
vs. the Sun compiler, I'd be happy to hear them.

Thanks for any help.

--
Nat Mishkin
Rational Software