From: Phlip (pplumlee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-26 15:02:42

Proclaimed Karl Bellve from the mountaintops:
> Phlip:
>
> Thanks,
>
> But it appears that BPL must first create a python class in the first
> line before you can use the second line (m = n.getWorld(1)). In your
> example, you have hello::world, which has a function to construct a new
> hello::world (getWorld). But, using BPL, how do you load a preexisting
> c++ object, already contructed, into python? I assume you just can't do
> a "import object\n" and then use its functions? Basically, can you skip
> line one in your python code, and go straight to line 2?

Of course - just write a free function.

BPL hardcores will now tell you how to prevent Python from destroying that
object, in case your C++ code was fond of it.

--
  Phlip                          phlip_cpp_at_[hidden]
============== http://phlip.webjump.com ==============