From: Karl Bellve (Karl.Bellve_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-26 16:17:52

hmm...

I am still confused about this. Perhaps Boost (BPL) is unable to do
this?

I don't want to have a method in Python create a new object, like you do
with n.getWorld(). I don't want to construct a new class in python, only
to have a function in C++ construct another class, then free the first
class. In all these cases, a new object is constructed.

I just want to pass a class to Python that has already been constructed,
without Python or BPL constructing a new object from a class. My
application has already did a new <someclass>. It has already
initialized the class, and loaded various pieces of data. I just want
the data and some of the functions in that class available to Python.

Some background:

In my application, it loads an image by either capturing it through a
PCI card (called a RoadRunner) or loading the image from a file. I have
a class that handles the allocating and locking of memory. I then would
like to pass this class, that has been constructed, to Python. So, users
can run internal python scripts inside the application for post
processing.