From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-02 15:15:30

At 07:16 PM 3/26/2001, David Abrahams wrote:
>I think you may be able to fix this by making the following changes in
>RegEdit:
>
>HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\<extension>: Content Type = text/plain
>
>where <extension> is .hpp, .h, .cpp, etc...
>
>**** BUT I THINK MANY PEOPLE WILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM ****
>Therefore, I propose that a script be added to the boost release process
>which redirects all links to source files so that they point at HTML-ized
>versions. I would be happy to produce a Python script, if it can be
>integrated with the release process. I think Beman is away at ACCU, so we
>may not hear back on this for a while.

We could do that, but...

* The problem seems server related - it was never reported until we moved
to a new host last January. Jens understands it better that I do - maybe
he can comment.

* Having HTML-ized versions of files increases the site size quite a bit,
the complexity of updating the site, and adds too the general
administrative complexity of a site update. Things I'd rather avoid as
long as possible.

--Beman