From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-24 05:48:19

>A question: why the ALL_CAPS_ namespace names?

I know, I know. It's because a lot of the boilerplate code is generated by
a shell script - I have to be able to deduce the namespace name from the
macro name in order for this (and the autoconf script) to work. It looks
as though I can use tr to convert from upper to lower case though, so maybe
I can make this go away.

>P.S. When I follow the link you gave, it tells me I'm not a member of
boost.
>This one works:

I hate it when that happens

>P.P.S.: IIRC, The problem with BOOST_NO_OPERATORS_IN_NAMESPACE only shows
up
>when there are other definitions of a function with the same name visible.
>don't remember whether it's a compile-time or a link-time issue, but GCC
>gets confused over which function it is looking for.

What does "of the same name" mean in terms of an operator - another
operator of the same um, name, but with different argument types?

- John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/