From: Samuel Krempp (krempp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-07 08:25:28

I took my morning to write some doc for my format class
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/files/format2/format.html

The syntax is decribed in some depth, but maybe an even more formal
description is needed.
Also, the doc focuses on the basics of the format class.
It does not deal with any 'advanced" uses, like re-using format
objects, binding arguments, setting flags on some directives after
format have been constructed..
which are showed in the sample program.
(and, I think, best explained by an example than by long sentences)

Please send your comments if you have any.
Don't hesitate to point all phrasing mistakes you may find, or bad
formulations. My scientific education included few English courses and my
knowledge of this language has severe limits.

With this doc added, and Jens Maurer willing to compile (and benchmark)
the code on other platforms than linux/gcc3.1,
the library might be ready for formal review.

I am settled on the current design, and the current features (which form a
complete, coherent set, IMO)
The only open choice left is about passing manipulators. (encapsulationg
inside a 'glue' function is implemented, but I like operator*, so I keep
it in until everybody tells me to take it out..)

--
Sam